Sunday, January 16, 2011

Signs A Seizure Is Coming

GR-10 XTREM

After much hesitation, I finally decided to sign on the GR-10 XTREM. For me, this was my second experience at a distance of this magnitude, 93km with 3800m + accumulated, and in a single day. By stage if I passed this distance, and even did the 84km in the 3rd stage of Ultraman (double marathon was not but was Mountain Double Marathon!).
The again during the 90km Ultra Trail de Guara (with a similar positive slope), agonized to get to the finish line, and did not want history to repeat itself. On that occasion, "might" have done an Ironman 6 days before, took its toll and good. Is one of the worst races I've had feelings and the most cerquita've been leaving, but because I had to wait until the last so that the controls take me back to the exit, I decided to get by and with the joke finishes.
This Saturday, my goal was clear, try to suffer the least. To do this, and not go crazy and play the race, I decided to go with Montse sistere, forming mixed couples, with the intention of seeking the podium in the class, but not obsessed. Actually the main objective was to reduce the 15h I had it last year and allowed him to be 2nd among women.
But this year, the first hurdle, that participation has more than doubled, 2nd obstacle, there are a few females who stand up quite sure.
So no, go to the rhythm of it, because we'd go to my trap both almost certainly, no change, just from start to finish. Front of us left, better not, for trying not to suffer too.

First stage: Bcn-Puçol. It be shared with Oriol Puçol trip up and the 3 short hours we would be shorter and would reduce costs. We arrived just for the briefing Puçol, as always not an innovation, but cool to go to and get in position. After briefing quickie for the hotel and sleep, than to have to be 4'45 feet. Latest equipment and accessories checks and sleep!
Second stage: 93km Ultra Trail. At 6 the output is given after a thorough review of material required to be all in the same conditions. This year it seems that the weather is nice and not too cold. Year had earlier fog and snow. Of course, at 6 am, heat is not to make too.

Leaving a comfortable pace, but that was what we wanted, which was comfortable and well to reach goal. Montse mark it was responsible and I just followed. I know by heart the heels of Salomon.
Although the pace was very comfortable, I felt I was not fine. Heaviness of legs, left knee fine not especially up and down not too well. So I had to go a tad "Justito" to the rhythm of Montse. Surely the "chicha" that week and the previous bill was passing me. As always, with restless ass I am, I did not know running out of running, swimming or cycling during the week to save some energy, and at first I paid. Also, if we add that it was night, and my experience in night racing is very limited as to get by. In the first step complicated plug 5min singing and almost still. I chill and to boot, even worse feelings. I keep pulling, without giving too much weight and not openly in Montse, she continued to pull at your pace. So go by the km's and the aid stations, where the tactic is to stop the minimum and win minutes on the other almost without effort. Once day, although now I find it easier to go to rhythm, the feelings are still very poor. Even I have moments of doubt in a little rise, I am detaching Montse. I even thought about staying and she pulled, and in the end, we classified separately also. I had a tad to follow, but I did. Between bad feelings, we come to good supplies, including rice, in Gátova (km43). Haha, easy to say, 43km with bad feelings ... Bad feelings do not mean that it would have gone wrong, so. The accompanying landscape and some steps complicadetes (with chains via ferrata) encourage the environment. The tracks also encouraged me to follow, as if it had been more than little paths, would suffer greatly touched. I'm still not used to highly technical fields. That does not mean that if I got in the race and go ahead, do not play me, but I'm not 100% confident. Even so, he has played a little run to go ahead (and UT CostaBravaXtremRunning Sobrarbe) with some difficult terrain, I held it the pull of the front.

Miraculously, I talk between rice (which I have to eat because Montse express time and puts me in a hurry to leave) and ibuprofen, I spend all evil and begin to get comfortable. Yes, let Montse continue pulling, I prefer to be cagey and follow these good feelings. Now therefore, there are times that I get behind, following the same rate, without increasing it. And I'm doing well so happened to suffer. In addition, we chasing people, not because we are too widely dispersed, but we're going hunting. A few times we lost, but the only place that we keep a watchful eye, we were lucky that others were also confused and undoing your steps again. Nothing did more than about 100m. Go luck!

About km70, we see that we have two girls in front, and that you know that means, Montse gained two positions in a row. Still, we know she is 7a, aunts today is going strong in front! The two girls so they realize that we come and push the pace. We lose sight. Montse not want to go in the game, prefer to follow the same rhythm. I would have gone for them a knife! But this tactic is, in the km75 agree with them in the food supply, and our food supply-xpress, we went right behind them. Soon, and behind us. Yes, we take them down takes time. Even I have to put me to throw, made to suffer a little with my compi. The following supplies, xpress again, and left behind, are 8km's and I'm cool. We increased the pace even a little, just in case come from behind or if there are more girls in front. But only two participants get to spend more. Of course, at this rate we avoid a long stretch at night.
the end, only about 30 minutes we had to do at night. A bajadita butt, a little rise at the pace and see the goal, last sprint! We FINISHERS, 13h nailed! (Ring the bell at 7 pm, just when we arrived). In the end, 4rtos in mixed couples. But Monty in the final rush, passing the two girls got the 1st in its class. 5a generally taking longer last year when more than 2 hours (15h), was 2nd. I position 50.

A good experience, in my case, running left and having to overcome bad initial feelings. Thanks to Montse for putting over 13h ... We did not know whether we would be able to get the two together without knowing each other, and ultimately a success! Toca
convalesce, dinner at goal and prepare for sleep. I was told I would not sleep for the noise, people snoring, discomfort ... but I slept pretty well, actually. Much had to do my mattress and my inflatable pillow. The next day, back to Puçol bus.


Winner 3rd stage: Puçol-Bcn. Paco Puçol waiting for me and Roque to return to Bcn motorhome. We also said goodbye to the rest of the people (Sergi and Martha was taken from us one of the squares of the podium, among them! But if they come before is because they are stronger, nothing to discuss) As the leg all the time charrada to make the short trip was made shorter.
take this opportunity to also remind J. Artigas, Key and Doktor8. I hope this little group match more times, as well, leaving the Ultra is not as traumatic for one so of asphalt and unaccustomed to high altitude, so far as I am.


this week have left 6'8km Swim + 35km Bike (MTB + roll) + RUN 122km. Not bad. A bit different to rest before these animality, would be fine, but after that what happens happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment