Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why Do We Get Capillaries

change of scenery. In the mountain no matter the pace!

memorable week where they are. Ultra Trail played les Fonts. Just
see that it was done and see that it was staged, I signed up, without looking at profiles or anything. I saw they were doing 110km in 3 stages and I saw it feasible. I did not know is that I had positive 5000m ahead!
was the first edition of the Ultra Trail, and therefore there were doubts that such a result. But it was the very best in organization have done and all at a set price, 52 euros (not including a place to sleep, but all breakfasts, lunches and dinners came in the pack). The cost Barcelona Marathon 50 euros (pointing before January) to give you an idea. Also helped me to see that the Forerunner also serves to keep track! Reset Foretrex and Forerunner had to pull! I've seen that you do not need 2, so for now will be playing Forerunner. Is something less than independence, but unless it is a UT of pull, should hold up!

Well, the Ultra were 3 stages. You may ask: 3 stages in one weekend? Yes.
Friday night: The Nocturneta (23km night, with 350m positive)
Saturday morning: Trail de les Fonts (55km, 3500m positve)
Sunday morning: Cursa de les Fonts (27km, 1500m positive)
You could run all, a couple of steps, or. To complete the Ultra Trail, all. And that we were.
the end, I mounted it to go with Roger, Pol, Alexis and James, of NPC (picad the link to go to his blog, also will see another review of this little adventure) , and in the hostel last made a change time to be in the same room. Perfect weekend, good company, good laughs, ...
bad thing I learned in the same week that had to do piece drop! Go cloth!
Let the race.

Friday night (9 PM): The Nocturneta
We eventually something Justito for the little run. Collect dorsal, left tackle at the hostel and equip us. Today the only thing required is the front piece but with the moon that I had turned it off at times, especially on tarmac. Makes fresh. I hang out with thermal long sleeve shirt and long shirt. Some brave Tirantito. But everyone knows how your body responds to cold. In no way gives the outlet. I had placed in front, mostly to test if I could fight for position in front or not. Output, flat stretch of asphalt, for the people. Since no one decides to shoot, I take this area (mine) to get first and even open a small gap of 5m to the group. Comfortable here and I'm going to that I'll be starting the slopes. Leads the race for a while. It has gone quiet. But it touch the ground and start some more technical section that aroused fierce. I letting me through, and not my field and I have pulled what he had to shoot. Now touch to endure suffering ahead. It is my 2nd night race, the terrain is technical and is having unevenness. Have to suffer. Also, my feelings are not too good, I 2 minutes but I leave that snug, total emptiness, nailing. So the whole stage. Eating in a Japanese did not help! But hey, I'm pulling as many people I passed and from time to time step to some, I paced. It seems that although it has poor feelings, I'm going to go. To top it all off, pasadita by a stream. Tap your feet wet or yes, be funny. The sneakers, which were semi-mountain and were bothering me a bit (have very few km's and I noticed that too on my feet) and now to follow up with wet feet! Awesome
control over the middle, in the village of Aldover, with the town dump with brokers (and I was 10 at night). Drummers included! But I guess that would be the only entertainment of the inhabitants of that town at that hour!
Enfin, little more than highlight of this phase. 1h53, position 29, which for the bad feelings I had, not bad!
Now it was dinner. Sausage sandwich singing. Quick rosette spray. And sleep. I get to sleep at about 2 am. With the rush of the race and sleeping in the hostel, I quickly you drop.

Saturday morning (6 AM): Trail of them
Fonts 3horitas After sleeping only, sound the alarm. Quick breakfast at the hostel, we equip (at this stage had already required material but many were not wearing, but that will not go, everyone will know that can happen in case of accident) and exit. I stand in front, but apparently seen yesterday, I understand the idea of \u200b\u200btrying to enjoy playing, because before going strong! The first section touches it at night, in front, with a touching moral ditch for a while. Narrow road with water on one side and stretches an inch wide with water on one side (of the canal) and gorge on the other. Go web! So KM10, more or less going well, the terrain is shiftable and without much slope. From here begins the climb and began my ordeal. It hurts my foot bridges to plunder, probably of used sneakers yesterday. Today I'm going with the pure mountain. To this we add that the right instep hurts me lot on the downhills. And I add that I physically crashed. The exertion of yesterday and the heater of the first 10 km's beginning to feel. Begin the ordeal. I pull very petado, without taking pace. At least that leans a little rise, I walk. I will not. The only thing that gives me moral is that even when petado, I passed people, and even some that I happened to go further PETA. So no, I do. We should all go well, so I recomforta. They pass km's and provisioning. Where there is everything, a tremendous sandwiches, attentive to all the volunteers ... Great! Peazo organization (I do not tire of repeating). I arrive at km35 (provisioning), after the second climb (which I paced a runner lapa, which only offer up to get the bastard out and throws me down, no thank or anything) and wonder how it is. I say 20km. And what about 10km to the next supplies. Buffff! I still, even trotted quietly, but still. Touch up again (3rd of 3 climbs that we had to overcome). This is something quite technical and I have to morale. On a downhill stretch, I hunt Angel with another broker. I say that I was hooked. And I do. Share a few km's from the rise with them. The guy is 57 years and not see yourself as strip! And in two weeks is going to the Marathon des Sables. And in October plans to make the Challenge of Calella! But that is down, I pick me. The upper part is killing me. I continue as I can. After a technical section down, you take track. Are about 10 km. If you have strength Squeeze them over, but the I try to tighten the instep make me slow down. I can not run, just jogging. I do. Stretches of asphalt in which normally fly, I'm dragging. Too bad! Finally, I get to goal, after 8hrs and beak. Or look at the position. Tomorrow is another day. Today veeeeery hard, too technical terrain and bad feelings again. And only 3 hours sleep affected a great time. Pol and Alexis arrived after 12pm, well founded, but the recovered Compex, pq to be raised not to leave on Sunday!

Sunday morning (8 AM): Cursa de les Fonts
Today there are many people, most come just to run today. That is a danger it will go bust and do we have the sensationof and that not throw. DANGER! Today
27km's and 1500 are positive, so it is as hard yesterday but shorter! Touch suffer. Today therefore, opted to leave more relaxed, leaving only make the run today, they have a tremendous desire to have fun. Rise, it seems that not shoot Therefore, we as hardened Ultra, which rise up to throw more. But downstream, among which are fresh, I do not under too well (although now under better than yesterday), I go like an arrow! Still, today I am comfortable and down to notice I'm doing OK. Not as well as the mountain people, but I'm "comfortable." I noticed "adapted" to the ground. Implement some of the tips of people mountaineering, relying on the material (the sneakers and studs) and allowed to fall forward lower surface of the body pulling scared shitless to go back. It seems to work!
In just the rise in the km13-14, plays down casitodo. A couple of hard ledge, a wall equipped with rope (but there was no way to climb), but the rest down quite shiftable. I throw myself thoroughly! I keep passing people! A track that is comfortable, put on a frenetic pace, I tocadito leg (normal for the miles that carry over) but great rhythm and breathing. 4:10 to 4:30 flight between. I get by people. Many ramps, and others going at a good pace, but I'm thrown into goal. The last mile, asphalt casitodo went to 3:55, great! Squeezing and beating top 5 or 6 riders. It was my spot and had to rush to the fullest. Butt at least to finish with a good feeling.
the end, 3h34.

final position in the Ultra Trail 36. Total time: 13h33m. The hardest mountain I've done so far on the slopes! Muscularly few days I'll be broken, as always after a mountain race, especially if it lasts like this. Touch pool, roller, and a session elliptical wash of "trotting".



To make a long, SEIA interest you to read the impressions of the NPC on your blog . Abstract great race weekend. And not to repeat things said about the same, read it from there, the better. Career highly recommended. Hard, hard, hard! I get to know the difference that had a time before and asked whether I would sign up. But though I suffered, the last day and I got even with me a lot of fun! PERFECT ORGANIZATION! Volunteers 10. Perfect Refreshments, lunch and dinner, too. Continue praising them, but I think repeating Next year will be the perfect way.

This weekend next play to put into practice the lessons learned this weekend's night course in St Quirze Mussol. I guess I will not repeat last year's result (6 º, I) will depend on how recover. Sunday probably 1 / 2 of Montornés make 1h25 approx. Trying to beat 4:00. Let's see ... Last year the 6 th Mussol and 1h22 in the 1 / 2. It will be hard to beat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment